What are the Five Most Appropriate Things To Do After a Car Accident?Posted on: November 30, 2019
1. Check on Everyone and Everything Involved. Yourself, any other passengers, any other drivers, including those in a second vehicle. If someone is hurt, call 911. Then Check the Vehicle(s).
2. Move all accident vehicles away from traffic and into a safe location. You might wish to let the scene remain untouched, but if you’re in the path of oncoming cars, things could get much worse.
3. Contact the Police. You may think the accident is minor enough to bypass law enforcement. But many accidents turn into something later, when a victim claims to be more hurt the next day than at the time of the accident.
4. Contact your Insurance Company. They need to know about the vehicle and the driver and the passenger they have insured, but be cautious not to accept any offers too quickly.
5. Contact a Local Attorney. Lawyers can not only assess the big picture of your accident, but identify factors that may not be at the forefront of your mind when you’re still stunned by whatever has been damaged or lost.