Data Privacy DayPosted on: January 28, 2020
During the 113th Congress, on January 27, 2014, the Senate issued a formal recognition of January 28 as National Data Privacy Day, ceding the challenges of a new generation according to the following realities of the age:
- Whereas new and innovative technologies enhance our lives by increasing our ability to communicate, learn, share, and produce;
- Whereas integration of new and innovative technologies into our everyday lives has the potential to compromise the privacy of individuals if appropriate protection is not taken;
- Whereas there is opportunity for governments, corporations, and civil society to work together to protect the privacy of individuals;
- Whereas many individuals and companies are not fully aware of the risks to the privacy of individuals posed by new and innovative technologies, of data protection and privacy laws, or of the specific steps they can take to protect the privacy of individuals.
- Whereas “National Data Privacy Day” constitutes a nationwide effort to educate and raise awareness about respecting privacy, safeguarding data, and enabling trust;
If you or someone you love has been the victim of a wrongful death, a personal injury, or a motor vehicle accident, please contact the law offices of Beers and Gordon P.A. for a free consultation. Our firm serves all of Seminole, Orange, Volusia, Lake, and Brevard counties, including Oviedo, Winter Springs, Altamonte Springs, Sanford, Longwood, Winter Park, Lake Mary, and Greater Orlando. Our attorneys have over 50 years of combined experience ready and willing to go the distance on your case. Call us right away at 407-862-1825.